Ljubljana has launched a number of initiatives to bring culture to people’s homes while public institutes are closed due to the epidemic.
- Festival Ljubljana has gathered numerous options for viewing concerts and operas currently taking place without audiences, or art centers have made free online access for their repetitions.
- The Ljubljana City Theatre has opened its archives and offered several past performances to be viewed on its YouTube channel.
- Kinodvor is offering the free viewing of documentaries by Polish director Paweł Pawlikowski, who filmed successful documentaries for the BBC in the early 90s.
- The City Gallery of Ljubljana has opted to support artists via Art in Isolation (Umetnost v izolaciji), a Facebook page where artists and creators can use their creativity and artwork to brave the anxiety we are all currently feeling. They are certain that many interesting works are being created during this time and they have invited artists to email the artwork they create during social distancing which addresses the current situation we have found ourselves in. When the epidemic is over, the City Gallery of Ljubljana will collect the original artwork and prepare a donation evening with the aim of aiding the financial situation of the authors brought upon by the coronavirus.
- The Ljubljana Puppet Theatre will show some of its most successful plays online.
Contact: Polona Novak