Florence is using a digital approach to adjusting to the covid landscape.
The city has organised the following initiatives:
- Web Portal for the promotion of open and home delivery shops – www.lebotteghedifirenze.it – more than 500 shops registered since lockdown
- Asking for an economic contribution in tickets to buy food for people having businesses affected by the lockdown www.firenzebuonispesa.it – more than 5,000 inquiries in three days, more than €2 million in contributions offered to affected residents
- Use of 2100 public WiFi hotspots for monitoring presences in outdoor squares and parks during lockdown
- Use of traffic sensors for monitoring vehicles flow during lockdown
- Use of GIS data and open data to optimise house-by-house delivery to citizens of protective masks.
Contact: Alessandra Barbieri